Welcome to ACC's
Nursing Advising Center
The Associate Degree Nursing - ADN (RN) curriculum provides individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to provide nursing care to clients and groups of clients throughout the life span in a variety of settings. Coursework includes content related to the individual, the healthcare system and nursing. Course content relates to the nurse's role that is characterized by evidence-based clinical practice in the provision of client care. Graduates of this program are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) which is required for practice as a Registered Nurse.
LPN to ADN (RN): ACC's Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) is also a selective admissions program. Students applying for Nursing Program admission are classified as Pre-Nursing students until they have met the admission requirements and are officially admitted into the Nursing curriculum. Enrollment is limited. Ranking review is required in order to be considered for admission. The exact number of students accepted into the ADN program depends upon the number of available spaces.
ADN (RN): ACC's Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program is a selective admissions program. Students applying for Nursing Program admission are classified as Pre-Nursing students (AGE 1030N) until they have met the admission requirements and are officially admitted into the Nursing curriculum. Enrollment is limited. Ranking review is required in order to be considered for admission. Applicants are ranked according to Admission Points, Composite GPA, and Application Date. The exact number of students accepted into the ADN program depends upon the number of available spaces.
ALL Applicants must have completed the following minimum requirements to be considered for the Nursing Program:
Alamance Community College
Nursing Admissions Documents Checklist
Items 1 – 6 below MUST be completed BEFORE you can meet with a Health Sciences Admissions Counselor to create your academic plan.
1. ____ Attended a Mandatory Information Session. For information about the next available session, please call 336-506-4270.
2. ____ Completed a current ACC application indicating Pre-Nursing (AGE 1030N) as your Major of Study. Follow this link: https://www.alamancecc.edu/academic-programs/.
NOTE: ACC is approved for Veterans Administration Educational Benefits. Most programs are approved but any student wishing to use VA benefits should contact the VA Coordinator, Feleta Morton (email@example.com) in Student Success - GEE Building.
3. ____ Set up your ACCess Self Service account using your ACC student ID number: https://guardian.alamancecc.edu
4. ____ Confirmed Official High School/GED Transcript has been received by ACC. Students who complete high school outside of the U.S. must submit a translated, credentialed transcript to ACC for admission.
It is the applicant’s res ponsibility to secure the services of an independent academic credential evaluation provider. Please see below for a list of recommended credentialing agencies. For additional information visit our
Admissions webpage: https://www.alamancecc.edu/admissions/
NOTE: If you possess a copy of a translated, credentialed transcript (i.e. unofifcial transcript), please submit to ACC admssions now.
You can either bring the transcript to the Admissions office in Student Success, 1st Floor Gee Building, Graham Campus, or mail the translated, credentialed transcript to:
Alamance Community College
Student Success - Admissions-Records
PO Box 8000
Graham, NC 27253
5. ____ Confirmed Official College Transcripts have been received by ACC
6. ____ Scheduled the Placement Test (if needed). For questions regarding placement testing, call Max Matthews at 336-506-4361. Visit ACC's website under 'How To Apply' to schedule your testing appointment. You may be exempt from testing if you have credit for college level English and Math (must provide official transcripts). Listed below are the placement test requirements for the Nursing Program:
___ DRE (English, Writing and Reading): 096, 097 & 098
___ College English
___ DMA (Developmental Math Modules):010, 020, 030, 040, & 050
___ College Math
7. ____ Completed a FAFSA 2017/2018 School Year Application and/or
____ FAFSA 2018/2019 School Year Application: https://www.alamancecc.edu/financial-aid
8. ____ Met the Minimum Pre-Nursing Admission Requirements as discussed with your Health Sciences Admissions Counselor.
9. ____ Taken the ATI TEAS Exam and submitted scores by January 31st. Information can be found under 'ATI TEAS Exam' in Moodle.
10. ____ Submitted your Nursing Clinical Application by January 31st.